It has been more than month since Open Source Bluetooth Watch Initiative first announced.There has been some improvements.Hardware side of the project completed.But there is a lot to do on the software side to make it a nice developer-friendly watch.So i started programming an API for the watch.But this last month has been very very busy for me.But still there has been somethings done.
Hardware Updates :
5 pushbuttons added for navigation.
I designed watch UI on top of Vertical Screens called Widgets.In these Widgets, we’ve got buttons , labels etc.
There still some lacks & issues to solved.As soon as i have some free time i will work on those and release source code with Android & Maemo Apps. to talk to watch.If there is anything about the code that is bothering you please dont hesitate to comment or contact me .Suggestions are welcome.
Lately i’ve been spending my spare times to build an homemade bluetooth wristwatch.I’ve used Nokia 6610 LCD for display, Bluesmirf GOLD for the bluetooth and Arduino Mini Pro for the processing.
I just finished most of the soldering & electronics part yesterday… Only one thing left on the electronics part and that is adding some buttons onto the watch.
I’ve written a bluetooth client application for N900(Maemo5). But it still needs some improvement on User Interface. So to speak back-end for N900 is done..
Today i made a simple Graphical User Interface for the watch and i recorded a video to introduce User Interface.
After a very very long time here i am again.It has been a very tiring year as it was the year that i’ve been studying for the YGS-LYS which are the exams that takes students to university by matching them by the ranking of their success.So as the exams ended , i bought an arduino demilanove which has a usb jack on it unlike my old arduino severino’s rs232 serial port.
And i started all over again doing some experiments on interaction between arduino and my n810.My first experiment was to control a light from n810.It worked very well.After that experimental project i decided make a sumobot-alike robot controlled from n810.But i needed a chasis for the project… well after 2 days i heard that my nephew’s rc car is broken.Then i took the car and afterwards i cut off all the circuits of the car to put my own circuit instead. Continue reading →